Web usage mining is one of the essential frameworks to find domain knowledge from interaction of users with the web. This domain knowledge is used for effective management of predictive websites, creation of adaptive websites, enhancing business and web services, personalization and so on. In non-profitable organization’s website it is difficult to identify who are users, what information they need, and their interests change with time. Web usage mining based on log data provides a solution to this problem. The proposed work focuses on clustering of web users on web log data by developing an optimized clustering algorithm. The performance of web usage mining is also compared based on k-means, DBSCAN and CURE with proposed algorithm.
Data Mining helps to extract only relevant information from these large repositories. Web is a huge repository of text documents and multimedia data. Mining useful data from the web is known as web mining and it may include analysis of web content, structure and also understanding usage of web . Usage of internet has magnified number of web users enormously increasing web log data. To understand the web user behavior one has to study web log data. It has three stages such as preprocessing, identifying usage patterns and analyzing the obtained patterns. Web server accounting all users’ actions of the web site as web servers Logs. The majority of the log files have Common log file (CLF) format and each log contains IP Address, user name, date, time stamp, visited URL, Request type. web log mining is a process of analyzing and discovering user access patterns and their behavior using weblog data which is available may be in proxy, web servers or client browsers. Clustering of these web users in E-commerce sites becomes an essential approach for many applications: web site personalization and structure optimization, advertising purposes and reconstruction of websites. The web log data obtained by a web server can be applied to clustering process, where the users are
identified based on IP address and their usage based on session duration. Users are clustered based on Navigation patterns of all web pages related to one website. The main goal of this paper is developing an optimized clustering algorithm for clustering of web users section 2 covers a related work of clustering of web users on web usage data, section 3 is about existing work and section 4 gives the details of proposed work and section 5 describes the results and section 6 discussed conclusion along with future work
In this paper, an improved CURE Clustering approach using Normal Mixture distribution model was implemented to cluster the web users on weblog dataset. Normal mixture model is used to transform the web log data as initial clusters. In this approach, KD tree followed by heap tree data structures are used to represent the clusters and representative points. In this model, we have optimized the initial clusters representation, merging process and distance measure of traditional CURE clustering algorithm. Also, Manhattan distance measure is used to find the nearest distance between the heap objects with merge operation to determine closest clusters. Experimental results show that proposed model has high computation efficiency in terms of cluster quality precision and error rate compared to traditional models. In future, this work can be extended to improve the real-time web log processing using parallel programming
- Alka Tripathi and Kireeti panwar, “Modified CURE Algorithm with enhancement to identify number of clusters”, International journal of Artificial Intelligence and soft computing,pp. 226-240,2016.
- Kalaivani S, Vidyapriya V, An Efficient Clustering Technique for Weblogs,IJISET – International Journal of Innovative Science, Engineering & Technology, Vol. 2 Issue 7,pp.516-525,2015.
- Sumathi P, Uma Maheswari B, A New Clustering and Pre-processing for Web Log Mining, World Congress on Computing and Communication Technologies.IEEE,pp.25-29,2014.
- Frugui H, Joshi A, Krishnapuram R, Nasraoui , Extracting web user profiles using relational competitive fuzzy clustering, International Journal on Artificial Intellegence Tools pp. 509-526,2000.
- Joshi A, Krishnapuram R, Nasraoui O , Low-complexity fuzzy relational clustering algorithms for web mining, IEEE Transaction of Fuzzy System 4 (9) pp. 596-607,2003.
- Li, C, Algorithm of Web Session Clustering Based on Increase of Similarities. In: Proceedings of International Conference on Information Management, Innovation Management and Industrial Engineering, pp. 316–319. IEEE, 2008.
- Jianxi Zhang , Lin Shang and Lunsheng Wang , Peiying Zhao , “Web usage mining based on fuzzy clustering in identifying target group”, ISECS International Colloquium on Computing, Communication, Control, and Management, Vol. 4, pp. 209-212, 2009.
- Herlocker J, O’Conner, M.,Clustering Items for Collaborative Filtering. in Proceedings of the ACM SIGIR Workshop on Recommender Systems. , Berkeley, CA: ACM Press,1999.
- Parimala M , Poongothai K, and Sathiyabama S,” Efficient Web Usage Mining with Clustering”, IJCSI International Journal of Computer Science Issues, Vol. 8, Issue 6, No 3, November 2011.
- Ahmed Alsayat, Hoda El-Sayed, “Social Media Analysis using Optimized K-Means” Clustering” pp.1-6,2016.
- Zahid Ahmed Ansari ,”Discovery of Web User Session Clusters Using DBSCAN and Leader Clustering Techniques”, International Journal for Research in Applied Science & Engineering Technology, Volume 2 Issue 12, December 2014.
- Dias G, Ranathunga S, Udanta M, “Modelling website user behaviors by combining the EM and DBSCAN algorithms”, IEEE, 168-177,2016.
- Katie Owens, Conor Mettenburg, Evan Cohen, Alex Ripley, Ruben Aghayan, and William Scherer,” Using Online User Behavior to Predict Demographics”, 2016 IEEE Systems and Information Engineering Design Conference ,pp.78-83,2016.
- Phoha V.V, Xie Y, Web User Clustering from Access Log Using Belief Function, in: Proceedings of the 1st international conference on Knowledge capture, 202-208,2001.
- Simon Fong, Sohail Asghar , Tasawar Hussain, “A hierarchical cluster based preprocessing methodology for Web Usage Mining”, 6th International Conference on Advanced Information Management and Service (IMS), pp. 472-477,2010.
DOWNLOAD THE COMPLETE RESEARCH PAPER PDF
23 total views, 0 views today